Private riverfront access! Kayak, canoe, tube, and fish right outside your door.
Wind your way beside the New River on a secluded gravel road through an exclusive neighborhood to your riverfront getaway at Roxy's Playhouse. Wrap-around porches above and a spacious patio below outfitted with rocking chairs, swings and dining tables are the perfect setting for year-round relaxation after activity-filled days in NC High Country. Grab your favorite beverage and settle in to watch the water glide by while you enjoy sounds of nature and views of the New River State Park across the river.
Roxy's is a 2-bedroom home with sleeping space for eight yet cozy enough for two. The master offers a Queen bed: wake up to views and sounds of the river outside your window! The second bedroom has a full bed and twin bunk, a TV/DVD/Wii player, with a wide selection of movies for all ages. The bedrooms share a full bath.
Also on the main floor is a bright open-plan living room and kitchen from which the chefs can see the river through French doors opening to a spacious deck for lounging and dining al fresco. The well-appointed kitchen features ample counter space for food prep and a large island that seats 5 for dining. The living room has two comfy sofas (one of which is a queen sleeper) and a smart TV with a generous cable offering. High speed internet and WIFI is available on the entire property.
Head downstairs to a large playroom with ping pong, darts, puzzle table and a convenient half bath with washer and dryer. Open the garage doors at either end and let the mountain breezes in while you engage in friendly round-robin competition!
Then grab a plush beach towel and head outside to an expansive yard for volleyball and badminton; or play spectator and bask in the sun on one of the colorful Adirondack chairs. Direct river access at the lawn's edge means you have all day to swim, soak, or fish. Cast your line and reel in tonight's dinner; fire up the charcoal and grill your catch! Late night toast some marshmallows and enjoy gooey s'mores with your loved ones around the fire pit. Speaking of, don't forget Fido! We are pet friendly.
Location, location, location!
At your doorstep:
- Relaxation, games, river access, fire pit, grill (firewood and charcoal not included)
- Fishing: the south fork has some of the best smallmouth and redeye bass fishing in the region; this section is also stocked with muskellunge. Trout fishing is excellent in nearby tributaries, most of which are stocked with rainbow and brown trout.
Less than 10 minute drive:
- New River Outfitters will set you up for a river adventure
- New River State Park entrance
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Laurel Springs: Wild Woody's Antiques; Freeborne's Eatery, Stations Restaurant, Motley's BBQ
- West Jefferson: a walkable historic downtown with restaurants, breweries, shops, antiques, galleries, festivals and a movie theater
- Sparta: a gorgeous drive to the Main Street, alive with festivals, art and free concerts on Friday nights.
- Lansing, which boasts a fun pizza place, called Pie on the Mountain
- Little Grandfather Christmas Tree Farm, Hwy 18: Cut your own Christmas tree this fall!
- Mount Jefferson State Natural Area: see for miles on a clear day from the top of the 539 acre park. Drive to the top or take a hike with a ranger on the weekend.
$50 per pet fee, up to 2 dogs.
StayBlueRidge, located in downtown West Jefferson, offers over 50 quality vacation rentals in West Jefferson, Boone and surrounding areas.
|Start Date||End Date||Daily||Minimum Stay|
"We spent an amazing weekend there! The house is beautiful and the views from the back deck are amazing. There was plenty of room for 5 of us. The house had lots of stuff to keep us entertained from the ping pong table, Internet, board games and everything you needed to prepare meals in the kitchen and on the grill. Unfortunately we did not get to use the fire pit this time but will definitely be back this summer to make s’mores. My husband spent two days fly fishing and caught a bass and a trout and the girls and I spent all day hanging out by the river. I loved that the house comes with linens and towels for the river. It makes it so convenient to just pack up the kids and food and head off to the mountains. Thank you for sharing your home with us and we will be booking another long weekend there soon."