- Jon N from Murfreesboro, NC, Posted: 04/21/2021
We had a great shortened vacation during our stay. The house and the view were beautiful. It was very wet when we arrived and we could not make it all the way up the steep gravel path with our front wheel drive vehicle. We had to call a towing company after we slid off the path while trying to back down. We did enjoy the house and it had everything that you would ever need. The staff at Stay Blue Ridge were very helpful when we decided to leave 2 days early. We were not sure we could make it up and down the path due to the very wet conditions. We actually never made it to the house and had to carry everything on foot to and from the vehicle (about 100 yards). Would stay again but would be better prepared for the drive up.
- Robert A from Raleigh, NC, Posted: 04/21/2021
The cabin was spacious and had a terrific view. Secluded and private and yet 15 minutes away from Mountain City. We had a group of 9 motorcycle riders and there was plenty of room for everyone. Cannot recommend this cabin enough.
- Heather E from Bradenton, FL, Posted: 04/21/2021
Excellent stay. Secluded from everything and so peaceful!
- Peggy R from Bear, DE, Posted: 04/21/2021
The Gathering Place is peaceful and beautiful. There were nine of us and we had plenty of space.
- Deana r M from Perryville, MD, Posted: 04/21/2021
Beautiful place. Very clean, roomy and wonderful.
1. The A/C return vent on the side of the cabinet in the kitchen was incredibly dirty on the outside. It obviously hadn’t been cleaned in months. And upon inspecting the filter inside, it had obviously not been changed in months. We did drive into town and Miranda did take the time to go to the hardware store and get us a new filter...which we installed. We also cleaned the outside of the return vent. Replacing the filter and cleaning the vent are things I don’t feel we should have had to do.
2. Three of the battery powered candles we tried to use didn’t work. The batteries were obviously dead. Miranda was very helpful and did get us some new batteries. We replaced the batteries in all three candles and they did work.
3. The faucet is leaking steadily in the jacuzzi tub in the main bathroom. The leak has obviously been there for quite a while.
4. When I attempted to use the dead bolt on the front entrance door, the handle fell off on the floor. It was obviously very loose and wouldn’t stay on. I carry a tool kit in my truck, so I was able to tighten the set screw that holds the handle on the lock. Another repair we had to make.
5. The dryer vent on the outside of the cabin was so clogged with lint that the dryer exhaust could barely get out. Not only did this look bad, it poses a significant fire hazard.
- Tom C from Whiteville, NC, Posted: 04/21/2021
On August 23-30 we rented “The Gathering Place” in Creston, NC. We absolutely loved the cabin, but I do have some issues we encountered I would like to point out While the cabin was overall in great condition, we did find some things that had obviously not been addressed, and I think for most people, these issues could result in having a less than good impression of this cabin and result in renters leaving less than satisfactory reviews. The issues we found were...
- Anonymous from new london, NC, Posted: 04/21/2021
The cabin was beautiful and breathtaking. Had a great time with my wife, me, 5 grandchildren,6 kids and 1 friend. Room for all.
The only challenge was finding the house. The email I got with the rental details recommended printing off directions, which thankfully we did! The GPS didn't work on some of the winding mountain roads. It would have been nice if some directions were provided for us though, because what we printed ended up not being exactly what we needed and we got lost for about an hour. Once we found the house and realized the way we SHOULD'VE gone it probably wouldn't have been a big deal at all. So just make sure you know the route you plan to take and print the directions that match that.
Even with all of that though, this place was worth it!
- Anonymous from Darlington, SC, Posted: 04/21/2021
This house was wonderful! Everything seemed new and clean, and it was very spacious. We had a great time exploring the property, and found plenty to do to enjoy our time. There was a nice view in the day, and clear nights revealed tons of stars. Everything was as described on the property listing, and the checkout procedure was a breeze.
- Sandra C from New Bern, NC, Posted: 04/21/2021
We had a great time here. The pool table was a big hit as it was advertised to have a ping pong table. There were 12 of us total and we had plenty of room. The view was hidden a little by the trees but we did go to Mt Jefferson and that view is amazing. Tubed down New River and went to Linville Caverns and Falls. Awesome trip!! Thanks for letting us use your home.
- Anonymous from Largo, FL, Posted: 04/21/2021
We had a great experience here. There was plenty of room for our family get together including 6 adults and 9 children. The house was clean and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed to cook family meals! The view is beautiful and the home very comfortable. This cabin is off the beaten path and not super easy to get to. Once you reach the driveway there are some steep climbs. If your going in winter 4 wheel drive is a must!
- Avra B from Fort Mill, SC, Posted: 04/21/2021
The best cabin I have stayed in the Carolinas so far. With this house you get private mountain roads, hiking trails an awesome scenery and the most beautiful memories. Inside the house there is hardly anything you can think of which has not been provided for. From woods for the fire pit to toddler desk for drawing and games for elder kids. I am sure, this secluded cabin with it's exclusivity, serenity and completeness will pull me into it again very soon.